Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Potty-Training

Wow! I didn't expect it to be here so soon!

We have had the potty for a couple of months now, and ocassionaly Abe will sit on it with his clothes on and read books. But then, on Sunday, Abe sat on the potty before his bath and went! We of course celebrated and I was very proud. Then Monday, Abe used the potty three times. Today, he used the potty this morning, and before that his diaper was dry.

He is a pro already and we are only on day 3. I feel lucky that he is so excited about it, but I'm just in shock. I hope that the newness of the potty doesn't wear off and that he sticks to it. 

I feel like I have no idea what I am doing. I am not the kind of person to just jump into something. So today we are headed off to the library to see if Mommy can find some resources on potty training. Then we probably need to make a trip to Target and find some pull-ups and underwear. I'm sure that we will find some really cool undies with cars or trains or something on them.

But now, we have one more item to tote with us everywhere. I have to figure out how to take him potty in public places, and still keep track of Rose. Hmm....this sounds like another adventure in the life of Abe!

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing. But geez, you guys need a bag of infinite holding to carry all your babeh stuffz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the security word I just had to type before posting was "poiti"which is very close to potty. Coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That seems way too easy, but for your sake, I hope it continues! Go Abe!!

    ReplyDelete